Tauranga, New Zealand
We have an amazing opportunity for a Devops Engineer to join our fast growing team in an exciting time of growth. This is a new role that requires broad devops experience, enthusiasm and initiative. You will be excited to take the lead in securing the SwipedOn platform and products.
A bit about us, our culture and company...
SwipedOn is an established and successful SaaS business headquartered in sunny Tauranga and prides itself on being a great place to work. Our visitor management platform sits in thousands of receptions worldwide, registering millions of visitors every year and we're growing these numbers rapidly.
We’re a fast-moving business with people who love building, learning and exploring new ideas together. We love the flexibility technology can offer, but not the complexity. As a growing business we strive to maintain our core values – to make things easy and stress-free for our customers, provide fantastic value and amazing service, all while having a bit of fun along the way. We care about our community and environment and plant a native tree for every new customer.
What you will be doing on a daily basis...
Collaboration within the business is an important aspect of the role and you will be expected to be communicative and work well as part of a team, can think on your feet and are able to work in a dynamic environment. More specifically you will have….
- Deep knowledge of AWS services and management tools
- Keen appreciation of the benefits and quirks of microservices and managed services
- Sound understanding of infrastructure as code tools such as CloudFormation
- A good understanding of networking, cloud computing, user authentication and best-practice security architecture
- Experience with SQS or similar
- A pragmatic approach to service selection and management
- Up-to-date knowledge of AWS services and use cases
- Good experience with creating monitoring dashboards, alarms and automated actions
- The ability to work with suppliers and third-party organisations
- A proactive approach to continuously improving our platform
- Familiarity with both AWS and Azure would be an advantage
Depending on your experience and ability, you'll be doing some or all of...
- Daily monitoring of our production, staging and development environments
- Proactively identify and implement improvements to our architecture and services
- Help select and commission third-party suppliers and partners
- Inform and train full-stack and mobile developers in their use of cloud services
- Maintain and improve our CI/CD pipelines
- Help monitor exception reports and performance metrics and identify indicators of trouble
We’re looking for people with…
At least three years of professional engineering experience, including at least two years of devops experience.
Demonstrated success in prior security roles such as penetration testing, security training, etc.
And, you will be…
- Keen, curious, and never satisfied with 'ordinary'
- A likeable person with a positive attitude
- A natural collaborator who wants to be part of a growing team and company
- Eager to share and eager to learn
- Self motivated
- Constantly innovating and driving positive change
Come and join us on our exciting journey - you won’t be disappointed! We’re looking for people who will thrive within our team and want to help us change the world, one reception at a time.
Don’t hesitate and apply now with your cover letter and CV! In your application please explain why you are interested in joining our company, and what attracts you to this position.
All applicants must have the legal right to work in NZ.