Full Stack Developer - Smartspace
Tauranga, New Zealand
At Smartspace Software we help millions of people work smarter worldwide through our pioneering software solutions which transform businesses.
Space Connect is part of Smartspace Software Plc and has a fantastic opportunity based in sunny Tauranga. You will be working alongside another SmartSpace division, SwipedOn, and be part of our young, fun and friendly team. We love to collaborate and be creative and work together towards our common goals.
We are looking for a talented and experienced individual to join our fast moving development team as a Senior Developer, to build and maintain our powerful full feature workspace management platform.
You must have a passion for software development and the drive to contribute to a fast moving and innovative team. You must be capable of using the latest tools and methodologies to develop high-quality products. The ideal candidate will be a team player with the ability to learn quickly, keeping up to date with the latest methodologies and tools and using their own initiative. Good communication skills are essential.
We’ve got a bold vision – to change the way the world uses workplace technology – and you can be part of developing these products.
What you will be doing on a daily basis...
- Develop innovative applications to aid the simplification of workspace management and connectivity
- Have an important voice in the direction of Space Connect's products
- Work with developers, interactive designers and product managers to establish product timelines
- Participate in meetings and translate business needs into technical requirements
- Work with designers to implement designs and user interfaces
- Work with continuous integration / continuous delivery tools to automate application testing and deployment
- Generate and maintain detailed documentation
- Remain up to date with new development trends and technologies, and contribute to company wide technology decisions
Skills and Expertise
- At least four years of professional development experience
- Strong experience in C#, ASP .NET , Web API development
- Experience working with Microsoft Azure Services including App Services, Web Apps, SQL Servers etc
- Experience with Xamarin Forms, xaml, MVVM cross or similar
- Experience with React or similar component - based interface libraries
- Experience integrating third-party API's
- Experience with source control best practices, e.g. Git, TFS or SVN
- Experience with responsive web design and cross browser compatibility
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange and / or Google G-Suite integration highly desirable
- Willingness to learn new languages or technologies as necessary
We're looking for a person who is:
- Keen, curious and never satisfied with 'ordinary'
- Ability to collaborate with a diverse team
- You can think on your feet and are able to work well in changing and ambiguous circumstances
- Ability to self manage and and meet deadlines
- You have excellent people skills and the ability to communicate well both verbally and written
Are you one of our legends in the making? We'd love to hear from you! Apply now with your cover letter and CV.
In your application please explain why you are interested in joining our company, and what attracts you to the position.
All applicants must have the legal right to work in NZ. Please note that applications with no cover letter will not be considered.