Senior Full Stack Developer
Tauranga, New Zealand
Due to rapid growth, we are looking for another Senior Full Stack Developer! We need someone who is excited to continuously improve and push boundaries, share their knowledge and collaborate within our fast growing team. This is a wide ranging role that requires good decision making skills and the ability to create scalable applications across a range of frameworks and technologies.
Our Culture and Company
We’re a fast-moving business with people who love building, learning and exploring new ideas together. We love the flexibility technology can offer, but not the complexity. As a growing business we strive to maintain our core values – to make things easy and stress-free for our customers, provide fantastic value and amazing service, all while having a bit of fun along the way. We care about our community and environment and plant a native tree for every new customer. We’re looking for people who will thrive within our team and want to help us change the world, one reception at a time.
What you will be doing on a daily basis...
- Review, analyse and modify development guidelines
- Set and maintain standards for patterns and coding used while leading and coaching to drive quality and efficiency in the team
- Provide mentoring and coaching to (junior) Developers and adopt a leadership role within the business
- Work with Developers, interactive Designers and Product Managers to establish product timelines
- Participate in Agile Scrum activities and meetings and translate business needs into technical requirements through to production ready features
- Work with continuous integration / continuous delivery tools to automate application testing and deployment
- Generate and maintain detailed documentation
- Remain up to date with new development trends and technologies, and contribute to company wide technology decisions
We’re looking for people with…
- At least four years’ programming experience in a range of environments
- Good unit testing skills and habits
- A keen appreciation of UI and UX best practice
- Solid experience developing web and mobile-centric APIs, and REST and push technologies including websockets
- Experience with modern front-end libraries such as VueJS and ReactJS
- Experience adding integrations (think Stripe, Active Directory, Slack, Intercom, and the various AWS services)
- Experience in using relational databases or ORMs
- Experience with NoSQL databases or hosted platforms such as Firebase or DynamoDB is a bonus
- Eager to dig in and get going with top industry tools and frameworks for building scalable apps
- Experience with modern build tools such as Webpack or Parcel would be welcome
- A keen appreciation of the factors influencing perceived load times – latency, local storage, data replication, prediction and pre-caching, etc.
- Keen, curious, and never satisfied with 'ordinary'
- A likeable person with a positive attitude
- A natural collaborator who wants to be part of a growing team and company
- Eager to share and eager to learn
- Self motivated
- Constantly innovating and driving positive change
Come work with us and you will…
- Have the added advantage of flexible working
- Be entitled to company share options at no cost to you
- Receive a performance bonus
- Have an extra day off for birthday
- Get KiwiSaver ‘on top’ of your salary
- Be entitled to paid paternity/partners leave
In your application please explain why you are interested in joining our company, and what attracts you to the position.
All applicants must have the legal right to work in NZ.