Employees using the Pocket app can receive reminders to sign in and out when entering and exiting the premises. Find out more below.
The SwipedOn Pocket app offers helpful proximity-based prompts to remind staff to sign in or out. Find out how to enable this setting for employees to configure when using the Pocket app.
How to enable 'Send sign-in & sign-out reminders' for the Pocket app?
- An admin will need to enable this setting by navigating to the Settings > 'Employees' view of the SwipedOn web dashboard.
- Once 'Allow employees to sign in & out using SwipedOn Pocket' has been enabled, the 'Send sign-in & sign-out reminders' setting will appear for the admin to enable.
- Then confirm the location within the 'Locations & Devices' view has the correct address set against it in order for these notifications to appear when employees enter and exit this address.
To learn more about adding an address to a location, find our support article here.
How an employee enables reminders for the Pocket app
- Download the SwipedOn Pocket app from the Apple App Store or Google Play store.
- Login to the Pocket app. Once the 6-character verification code has been entered, settings permissions will display.
- Select 'Allowed' when notification permissions are requested.
- Select 'Always' when location permissions are requested. This will only be used to detect the address associated with your employee profile location in order to send reminders to sign in and out.
- If this was not selected on setup, the employee can change this setting by navigating to the device 'Settings' app, locating the SwipedOn Pocket app and enabling the above permissions.
- Reminder notifications will appear when the employee enters or exits within 100 meters of the address associated with the location.
- Employees need to be in the opposite state to receive the reminder e.g. if signed out when leaving the location, no sign-out reminder will appear.