How to group locations together to ensure they share settings.
🏳️ Available for Business and Enterprise
To make managing locations and location settings easier for admins, SwipedOn offers location groups for those accounts subscribed to a multi-location Business or Enterprise plan. A location group all share the same settings and configurations e.g branding, visitor and employee settings etc. whereas single locations can all have different settings and configurations.
How to create a location group
- Navigate to the 'Groups' tab of the 'Locations and Devices' view of the SwipedOn web dashboard.
- Add a new location group by clicking on the 'Add Group' button, input a name for this group and select an existing location for it to copy any current settings from.
- Click on the 'Add' button to create this group.
- Once a group has been added, drag an existing location into a group by clicking and holding the draggable handle at the right of the location card.
- New locations can be added directly to a group if the plan has additional locations available by clicking on the 'Add new location to group' button within the groups expanded view.
- Once the location's name and address or city have been entered against the designated fields, click the 'Add' button to apply the new location to the group.
Any locations created in or moved into a group will automatically assume all of the settings currently set for that location group. There is no limit to the number of groups that can be created or locations that can sit within a group.
How to remove a location from a group
There are two ways to set a location within a group as an independent single location.
- The first method is to navigate to the 'Locations & Devices' view and click on the Groups tab.
- Click on the drop-down arrow next to the group to display the grouped locations.
- Drag and drop this into the 'Single locations' column on the right of the screen will break the location from the group.
- Locations moved this way will retain all of the settings of the group it was removed from, but from that point on will be independent. Settings updated for that location will apply only to that location.
- The second method is to navigate to a settings page (such as Visitor Settings, Visitor Fields, etc) and select the location menu, expand the group the location is associated with and click on the location that will be removed from this group.
- Once the location within the group has been selected, make a change to a setting on the page you have navigated to and they will no longer appear under the group on the location menu.
- The location will be removed from its group and function as a single location with its own independent settings. This location will then show in the Single Locations column on the Groups tab.