Preregister and invite visitors ahead of time to streamline front desk processes even more. Admin staff know exactly who to expect, guests have the information they need, and sign-in is sped up for everyone once they arrive.
Invitations are created in the Preregistration view on the SwipedOn web Dashboard, here the admin can send the guest an email invite for them to add to their calendar, pre-fill any required questions on their behalf, and edit (or delete) the invitation after it’s been sent.
How to preregister a visitor
- Navigate to the 'Preregistration' view of your SwipedOn web dashboard.
- Click the "Add Visitor" button, and a drawer will open on the right-hand side of the screen.
- If subscribed to a multi-location account, click on the location drop-down and select the location this visitor will be preregistered against. If filtered to a single location view or subscribed to a single location account, this location will automatically be selected.
- Select from the categories if the account has more than one set-up; the fields will change depending on the selected categories for those enterprise accounts with fields by category enabled.
- If enabled for this location & category, the option to select a host on behalf of the preregistered visitor is available.
- Fill out any fields that should pre-populate on the iPad or Android tablet during sign-in, and leave any blank that the visitor should enter on the day of sign-in.
- To send an invite to the visitor as well, select the 'send an invite' checkbox and enter the recipient's email address; below this is also the option to include a message on the invite. To preview this invite prior to sending it to the recipient, click on the 'send yourself a test invite' button for this invite to send to the email address associated with the admin profile logged in.
- Click on the "Preregister Visit" button to complete the preregistration, and if the check box has been selected to send an email invite to the visitor, they will be sent an invite with all the details of their visit and the option to add it to their calendar via .ics file.
*Please note: an employee will only appear as a host against the location their employee profile is associated with.
- Once the visitor has been preregistered, they will appear in a list view. This is arranged by the preregistered date range or can be reordered alphabetically using the visitor's name, category, date or host.
How to sign in as a preregistered visitor
Preregistered visitors are able to sign in using an iPad or Android tablet. If the 'Display name matches while visitors enter their details' visitor setting is enabled, the visitor will just need to input the first three characters of their name for their full name to appear from a drop-down option, as shown below.
Once the visitor has input and tapped on their name, any additional fields filled out during preregistration will be automatically populated, as well as show the preregistered visitors' host, which they can change, if necessary. The visitor then taps 'Next' and continues through the remainder of the sign-in process to complete their registration.
How to see if a visitor was pre-registered once they are signed in
If you head to the Visitor Timeline and click on the drawer of a particular visitor listed there you will be able to view the details of who originally pre-registered them underneath their visitor photo.
Any visitor fields and categories that have been customised within the 'Settings' > 'Visitor Fields' view of the SwipedOn web dashboard will also appear within the Preregistration view.*Please note: if subscribed to the Enterprise plan, each visitor category can have a different set of visitor fields enabled. Once the category has been selected on the preregistration page, the relevant fields will appear for the admin to fill out.
Suppose the visitor setting 'Display name matches while visitors enter their details' is disabled. In that case, the visitor will need to enter their full name and, if applicable, the company name field as well when signing in, as opposed to only needing to input the first three letters of their name when this setting is enabled.