Tauranga, New Zealand
Space Connect is looking for a motivated and talented Business Analyst to take on a key role in building up our development team in sunny Tauranga. In this exciting new role the successful candidate will have the opportunity to help define and establish effective processes and team culture as Space Connect invests in our New Zealand team.
Space Connect’s desk booking and meeting room management solution has large customers across the globe and is growing rapidly. It’s a sister company of SwipedOn, the visitor management platform, and based in the same awesome seaside offices in downtown Tauranga. Together we’re reinventing workplaces everywhere.
You’ll be working closely with the development teams in Tauranga and business, sales and support teams in New Zealand, the UK, US and Australia.
Here's what you'll be doing:
- Help refine product requirements with stakeholders and customers
- Work with tech leads to create sprint tasks from requirements and stories
- Clearly communicate project expectations and deliverables
- Track sprint estimates and delivery
- Collaborate with UI & UX designers on user flow and product design
- Help marketing and support teams share product improvements with customers and end users
- Triage feature requests and bug reports
- Maintain and improve our product roadmaps
- Collaboratively work to enhance and maintain a world class product development process
- Maintain and enhance a comprehensive framework of product metrics
- Participate in regular backlog grooming sessions with Product Manager and CTO
- Manage and participate in UAT testing
We know that great product people can come from a wide range of experience and backgrounds, so there’s no fixed criteria here. However, the ideal candidate will have the following:
- Experience in a product role for a digital product, ideally SaaS
- Familiarity with the software development lifecycle
- An understanding of user experience research and design
- Empathy and a desire to understand customer needs
- The ability to balance conflicting priorities, and clearly articulate your position
- A creative mind for problem solving
- An eye for detail
- Enjoyment of making and shipping things
- Absolutely a team player
- The ability to keep learning and discovering
Space Connect and SwipedOn pride ourselves as a great place to work. Our team matters to us and we are lucky to have a great bunch of people working together towards a common goal.
We’re based in Tauranga because we value the incredible lifestyle the Bay of Plenty can offer (sun, surf and software!). We believe in working hard and the satisfaction of a job well done, but we also value quality of life.
If you are looking for something new, modern and challenging then join us at Space Connect. We’d love to hear from you! Please apply with a cover letter and CV.