Tauranga, New Zealand
SwipedOn is looking for motivated and talented Product Owners to join the team at our established and successful SaaS business, based in sunny Tauranga. SwipedOn is an exciting company with rapid growth and a truly global customer base and footprint – thousands of customers and millions of end users.
SwipedOn is a classic Kiwi startup with a can-do attitude, so we’re looking for people who are comfortable in a diverse role. We need you to wear multiple hats each day and you’ll be more than comfortable switching gears as needs arise.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Use customer feedback, UX research, stakeholder interviews, data/insights and any other tools you see fit to help define clear and concise requirements for development projects
- Work with tech leads to create sprint tasks from requirements and user stories
- Clearly communicate project expectations and deliverables
- Track sprint estimates and delivery
- Collaborate with UI & UX designers on user flow and product design
- Help marketing and support teams share product improvements with customers and end users
- Triage feature requests and bug reports
- Maintain and improve our product roadmaps
- Collaboratively work to enhance and maintain a world class product development process
- Manage and enhance a comprehensive framework of product metrics
- Participate in regular backlog grooming sessions with Product Manager and CTO
- Coordinate and participate in user acceptance testing
We know that great product people can come from a wide range of experience and backgrounds, so there’s no fixed criteria here. However, the ideal candidate will have the following:
- Experience in a product role for a digital product, ideally SaaS
- Familiarity with the software development lifecycle
- An understanding of user experience research and design
- A knack in managing relationships and proactive communication with a wide range of departments
- The interpersonal skills to provide support, recognition and encouragement
- Empathy and a desire to clearly understand the needs of customers
- The ability to balance conflicting priorities, and clearly articulate your position
- A creative mind for problem solving
- An eye for detail
- Enjoyment of making and shipping things
- Absolutely a team player
- The desire to keep learning and discovering
- A growth mindset
SwipedOn prides itself on being a great place to work. Our team matters to us and we are lucky to have a great bunch of people working together towards a common goal. We also care about the environment and act as a responsible corporate (we plant a new native tree for every new customer we sign up).
SwipedOn is based in Tauranga because we value the incredible lifestyle the Bay of Plenty can offer (sun, surf and software!). We believe in working hard and the satisfaction of a job well done, but we also value quality of life.
If you are looking for something new, modern and challenging then SwipedOn is your answer. We’d love to hear from you! Please apply with a cover letter and CV.