Tauranga, New Zealand
We have an amazing opportunity for a Security Engineer to join our fast growing team in an exciting time of growth. This is a new role that requires broad security experience, enthusiasm and initiative. We need someone who is excited to be a strong and credible voice for security awareness and best practices within our business.
A bit about us, our culture and company...
SwipedOn is an established and successful SaaS business headquartered in sunny Tauranga and prides itself on being a great place to work. Our visitor management platform sits in thousands of receptions worldwide, registering millions of visitors every year and we're growing these numbers rapidly.
We’re a fast-moving business with people who love building, learning and exploring new ideas together. We love the flexibility technology can offer, but not the complexity. As a growing business we strive to maintain our core values – to make things easy and stress-free for our customers, provide fantastic value and amazing service, all while having a bit of fun along the way. We care about our community and environment and plant a native tree for every new customer.
What you will be doing on a daily basis...
Collaboration within the business is an important aspect of the role and you will be expected to be communicative and work well as part of a team, you can think on your feet and are able to work in a dynamic environment. More specifically you will have...
- The ability to prioritise your time effectively and switch gears when needed
- A proactive approach to continuously improving our security awareness and profile
- Strong familiarity with common security issues such as the OWASP Top 10
- Good understanding of mobile and web networking, cloud computing, user authentication and likely security attack vectors
- Proven experience and understanding of penetration testing tools and practices
- Healthy curiosity about technology security issues and solutions
- A 360-degree perspective of security that goes beyond technology and is people-focused, including the ability to explain security concepts to non-technical people
Depending on your experience and ability, you'll be doing some or all of...
- Initial triage of bug bounty and other security reports
- Help select and commission third-party penetration testers
- Mentoring full-stack and mobile developers to maintain good awareness of modern security issues and practices
- Introduce automated security testing into our continuous integration pipeline
- Help maintain good awareness of security issues, including social engineering, with non-technical staff
- Oversight of security steps in software life cycle
- Identify any security issues in the SwipedOn platform, help decide on mitigations, and test fixes
We’re looking for people with...
- At least three years of professional engineering experience, including at least two years of security-related experience
- Demonstrated success in prior security roles such as penetration testing, security training, etc
And, you will be…
- Keen, curious and never satisfied with 'ordinary'
- A likeable person with a positive attitude
- A natural collaborator who wants to be part of a growing team and company
- Eager to share and eager to learn
- Self motivated
- Constantly innovating and driving positive change
Come and join us on our exciting journey - you won’t be disappointed! We’re looking for people who will thrive within our team and want to help us change the world, one reception at a time.
Don’t hesitate and apply now with your cover letter and CV! In your application please explain why you are interested in joining our company, and what attracts you to this position.
All applicants must have the legal right to work in NZ.