What is C-TPAT?
Launched in 2001, the Customs-Trade Partnership Against Terrorism (C-TPAT) is a voluntary partnership program led by the United States Custom and Border Protection Agency (CBP) that aims to strengthen and improve U.S. border security whilst also improving companies’ supply chain processes with respect to protection from terrorism.
If your company wants to achieve C-TPAT certification you will need a documented process to ensure that your international supply chain is determining and reducing risk.
SwipedOn assists you to implement appropriate security measures required under C-TPAT, such as:
Providing controls to prevent unauthorized entry to facilities.
- Each location’s gatekeepers (security and/or reception) have full visibility of all authorized people - this includes visitors, contractors, suppliers and employees.
- Proof of identification can be captured at sign-in and any other necessary information, creating an audit trail of all entries and exits.
- Administrators can set rules for pre-registration so that visitors are pre-authorized before they arrive with access being denied if they’re not.
- The host is automatically notified of a visitor's name and details via email and/or SMS upon sign-in.
- Administrators can also set rules that require the host to authorize the visitor before entry is approved.
Providing the ability to ensure the positive identification of all employees, visitors and contractors at all points of entry.
- The personally identifiable information that is required on entry to your business is customizable and can include name, organization, email address, phone number, photo, identification type and more.
- On arrival their entry can be denied if their certifications, approvals or qualifications have expired.
Offering a system for employee identification to be in place for positive identification and access control purposes.
- Using our Active Delivery sync to maintain your employee list means that there is always a ‘current’ list of employees and their profile info available in the system to be viewed by the gatekeeper when the respective employee requests entry to a facility.
- Enabling employee photos on sign-in.
Supporting a facility’s policies around issuing visitor, contractor and employee badges - including the ability to have a badge returned field that security/reception could monitor to ensure all badges are returned by the end of the day.
- Ensuring that visitors provide photo identification for documentation purposes upon arrival - this can be captured on entry.
- Offering the ability to print badges which can include info such as name, photo, organization, date and time of visit, and more.
- Sending visitor arrival notifications via email and/or SMS to the host via the app.
- Offering the ability to require an administrator to authorize a visitor for entry before they’re issued with a visitor badge.
Retaining historical records of all entries and exits from facilities so that audit records are available indefinitely and can be exported in a timely manner.
Supporting multiple entry points and data sharing between security guards/reception/concierges via the SwipedOn dashboard so that all gatekeepers can monitor who is in the facility at any given time.
Allowing for the arrival and dissemination of packages by the gatekeepers via the Deliveries add-on.