A Year in Review - 2023 Wrapped for SwipedOn
2023, what a year for SwipedOn.
Now, we’re wrapping it up, saying goodbye and signing off on a high as we take a look back at the year that saw SwipedOn turn 10 years old (HBD to us!) among myriad notable happenings in the world of work where the release of ChatGPT saw the age of AI officially dawn, romance blossomed for Taylor Swift (or ‘Tayvis’ as the team tell me) and WeWork filed for bankruptcy. In this blog article, we take a look at some of the highlights of the year and indicators of what might be in store for 2024. 👀
This year alone, SwipedOn was used in more than 9,000 workplaces across the world to sign in over 48 million people. We kept the product looking (and working) sharp with over 80 product updates shipped to the App and Google Play stores. All of that fuelled by 70kg of coffee in SwipedOn HQ alone.
New customers on board this year included big names in business - Steve Aoki, Sunbeam Foods, DHL, and one of the biggest YouTubers on the planet (we can’t say more than that. 🤐 ) You’re in good company, always.
Is hybrid working a thing of the past? 👋
Let’s dive straight in with a BIG question.
Earlier in the year, we talked about a new trend in the world of work which is an evolution of the hybrid working model: an ultra-flexible workplace is the new kind of workplace on the block. According to a recent KPMG study 87% of CEOs express a likelihood of linking financial reward and promotion opportunities to a return to in-office working practices. And with with a whopping 90% of businesses planning to return to in-office operations by the end of 2024, it's looking like there will be a big shift back to in-office operations which begs the question: perhaps hybrid working really is waning from it’s peak? Only time will tell, as we move into 2024 and beyond.
With this shift back to an in-office working model, it’s crucial to handle in-office operations in the most efficient ways - we’re talking cost efficient, time efficient and task efficient.
Knowing where you can cut costs and increase efficiencies will be imperative as we move into 2024. With SwipedOns new desk and resource booking, you can have oversight of what is being used and when at the touch of a button, so you can make informed decisions about streamlining real estate, car parking, vehicle fleets and more, as well as creating a smooth operation for hot desking and equipment booking.
You asked, we answered
Customer feedback is super important to us. We always want to make sure that you’re getting the most out of SwipedOn, it has to work where you work. Simple as that. This year we’ve shipped some really important updates that help you work harder, better, faster, stronger…
Streamline workplace inductions with SwipedOn
Our Inductions AddOn puts you in control. You can ensure visitors and contractors are fully informed and prepared for their visit with the ability to create bespoke inductions specific to your workplace and compliance requirements and send these out ahead of time to streamline the process once they arrive on-site.
Do more with the new SwipedOn Dashboard
Fun fact, internally, we called this update “Blue Steel”, of Zoolander fame… because it’s just really really good looking. We’re currently working on Hansel, but that’s all we can say for now 🤐
In August we shipped a slick new interface for the SwipedOn web dashboard, intended to make navigating the behind the scenes of SwipedOn as easy as possible and giving you the information you need at your fingertips.
The result? It speaks for itself. Why not take a look yourself in our easy-to-follow product tour?
Desk and resource booking, did we mention that it’s kind of a big deal?
We are, perhaps on the cusp of another massive shift in the world of work, meaning it’s more important than ever for businesses to take an ultra-flexible approach to work. Tracking visitors, employees and business resources will play a huge role for streamlining business operations and driving efficiencies in the year ahead.
All the bells 'n' whistles
Plus, we shipped some much-anticipated updates for ultimate peace of mind at work, whether that’s streamlining tasks, tightening security or using tech to nurture real human connection.
- Bulk pre-registration - Easily pre-register multiple visitors via a CSV upload
- Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) - tighten up your SwipedOn account with MFA to ensure you are the only one who can access it
- Automatic sign in for employees using the SwipedOn Pocket app - SwipedOn does all the hard work using geofencing technology. The automatic sign in feature ensures employees are signed in and out as they move across a geo-fenced perimeter. They don't even need to think about it.
- Teams integration - SwipedOn integrates with Teams for smoother, more connected workplace operations.
SwipedOn in the wild
If that’s not enough (we know, it’s not) SwipedOn has been popping up IRL all over the world.
- Mia + Kelly took on London at the Facilities Show in May 2023, where they showed the UKs top facilities and operations managers just how transformative SwipedOn can be for the workplace.
- We plastered SwipedOn all over bus backs in Auckland, NZ, aired across a number of radio stations in the country and even reached the dizzying heights of digital billboards in the USA.
- You might have noticed something different about us this year, we said goodbye to our old two toned logo and went all-in with the full SwipedOn orange logo 🧡
- We turned 10 yrs old, celebrating with a birthday bash in SwipedOn HQ, and gifted limited edition merch to our employees for the occasion 🎈
While it may sound like a cliche, it really was a transformative year for SwipedOn. We wildly expanded our offering and changed the entire look and feel of our system. However, one thing that hasn’t changed is our close relationship with our customers and the real care we take in supporting each one of you.
All the best over the festive season and while yes, a lot of us will be enjoying the beach and fine weather here in New Zealand, rest assured we'll be thinking of the big year ahead and glad to have you with us on this journey.
Keep sleighing 🦌🛷
Hadleigh & the SwipedOn team